Questions and Answers to Moving in Tulsa

by | Mar 15, 2014 | Transportation and Logistics

Moving in Tulsa can be a very stressful time for anyone. However, there are certain things you can do to alleviate some of the issues that cause strain. If you are in the process of moving, it is important to find some answers out to questions before you move. You can also find out some helpful information on, as well.

Question: Which packaging is better to protect furniture?

Tip: To pack furniture you need a perfect air bubble film. If you want to pack upholstered furniture, it is best to use a three-layer film density that fits from 90 to 150 gr. / Square meters. Small and heavy items can be wrapped in an interior bi-layered film with a density from 75 gr. / Square meters. It is necessary to consider the possible mechanical stress when transporting packaged items, and this depends on the use of bubble wrap. It should be borne in mind that bubble film protects against moisture, dust, scuffs and scratches, and for better protection along with the film, it is better to use a cardboard box. To pack furniture, you can also use polyethylene foam (soft porous material that is available in thicknesses from 1 to 20 mm.). However, in this case it is necessary to calculate the packing cost as compared with the bubble film, especially since foamed polyethylene costs is based on required thickness. Because of this it can be considerably more expensive than the cost of the film.

Question: What kind of film is used for packing household appliances, plumbing, and electronic components?

Tip: If these items are quite large and heavy, it is best to use a three-layer film based on the required density. For small and fragile devices, you can use the most simple two-layer film available.

Question: What is the difference between packing tape and adhesive tape, and what should I look for?

Tip: When buying scotch tape, you should note relevant statements and actual data: winding, width, and thickness of the film. The thicker the tape, the stronger it is.

Question: What packaging is required when moving a home or office?

Tip: To move, you will probably need cardboard boxes for packing books, documents, utensils and small items. Bubble film and packing tape can usually be bought in the same place.

For more information about Moving in Tulsa, contact your local movers today.

A-List Articles